Impress the mom in your life this Mother’s Day with a delicious dinner of homemade taco salad that incorporates the benefits of pure lime essential oil. This recipe is also perfect for your Cinco de Mayo celebration.
Taco Salad with Tomatillo Lime Dressing
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1–2 drops lime essential oil
- 1 packet dry ranch mix
- 2 tomatillos, husks removed and diced
- 1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 jalapeno
- 4 cups cooked ground beef
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Salt and garlic pepper to taste
- 1 head of lettuce, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 can olives, sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a blender. Blend on high until well combined (about 1 minute). Set aside.
- Stir together warm cooked ground beef, cumin, garlic pepper, and salt.
- Combine the meat mixture with the remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl, or layer all of the ingredients on plates.
- Drizzle the salad dressing over the top, and serve immediately.