Impress your guests with a delicious and flavorful dinner that incorporates the benefits of pure essential oils! These meatballs are delicious served over rice, or you can use them as an appetizer by serving them on a tray with toothpicks in them.
Sweet and Sour Meatballs with Thyme and Rosemary Essential Oil
- 1 1/2 cups bell peppers (mixed colors), chopped
- 1 cup white or yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 can pineapple tidbits (20 oz.)
- 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 28 meatballs (use frozen prepared meatballs, or make your own)
- 1 drop thyme essential oil
- 1 drop rosemary essential oil
- In a large frying pan or skillet, sauté onions and peppers in olive oil over medium-high heat until they are just barely tender. Remove from pan, and set aside.
- Pour the juice from the pineapple into the skillet (save the pineapple for later) along with the vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, water, and flour. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently with a whisk, until the sauce begins to bubble and thicken.
- Add the meatballs, onions, peppers, and pineapple tidbits to the sauce, and reduce the heat to medium. Let simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the meatballs are heated through.
- Turn off the heat, and stir in the essential oils.
- Serve warm over rice.